Mobius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on the L2Store

Go down

Thoughts on the L2Store Empty Thoughts on the L2Store

Post by khangvn08 29/08/14, 07:56 pm

After running my own test server using this pack (which is an amazing project Very Happy) with a couple of friends, I came up with an idea of enabling the L2Store so that I could extend the gameplay (the store used for buying exclusively rare items with NCoin, for example). So I did a little research on it and finally made it work. But there's a small trouble that's bugging me: the product name (or the pack name that contains the item we buy inside) is located at a different file in the client (not in the ItemName-e.Dat). Because of this, when we try to add some interesting items, we NEED to use the names listed in that file for the product name (ex: A Valakas Retributer is packed under the name of Some stupid Vitality pack.) if we don't want to modify the client-side file (which is really distracting and time-consuming since we need to edit not one but two files at a time).
So my questions are:
- Can the product name be changed server-side?
- Based on XML, can be build a GUI excusively to edit the shop?
I know there're lots of features to be done but I myself consider this feature a potential one since we could use this as a upgraded shop without the repeated use of the same one, thus making the game more challenging for players Very Happy
This is just my opinion though, feel free to add yours Very Happy

khangvn08
Heir
Heir

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the L2Store Empty Re: Thoughts on the L2Store

Post by Mobius 30/08/14, 03:36 am

Can the product name be changed server-side?
No it's client side only.

Based on XML, can be build a GUI excusively to edit the shop?
Thats very time consuming and as you said there are many things to do.

Personally, I can't start working on it.
Mobius
Mobius
Administrator
Administrator

https://mobius.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down